When I started this blog, I started it as a way to promote my business. It was going to be a marketing tool and written from the company's, Tough Chik, perspective. The more posts I write, the more it is from my, Shannon, perspective. It has been difficult to figure out if this should come from Shannon or Tough Chik. Tough Chik is well...tough and the more I write I think, "Should THE Tough Chik struggle through a 5 mile run?" (it was very hilly :)
My conclusion is that Shannon is Tough Chik and Tough Chik is Shannon. So, Hi I am Shannon and I am the owner and designer of Tough Chik. I am not an ex-athlete like most of my competition and to be honest I started cycling about 10 years ago (3 seriously) and running about 3 years ago as well. I don't win races, but I love to enter them. I consider myself a cyclist, I am currently training for a 545 mile, 7 day ride from San Francisco to Los Angeles. After my ride in June, I plan on entering my first Triathlon.
The whole mission of Tough Chik is that we are all tough and should be proud regardless of your PR, splits or cadence. So the fact that I am not an authority on training, nutrition or health doesn't mean I can't talk about my experiences. Like most of you, I work, I have a family and I try live a healthy and active life. Sometimes I do a better job than others, but I work hard at it.
With that being said, here are my Shannon/Tough Chik's ABC's
* (A) Age: 34
* (B) Bed Size: Queen
* (C) Chore You Really Dislike: Cleaning
* (D) Dogs: Cosmo-a 5yr old terrier mix
* (E) Essential Start To Your Day: coffee - I am addicted :( and breakfast, I wake up hungry
* (F) Favorite Color: Purple
* (G) Gold or Silver: yes, I will take either!
* (H) Height: 5'8
* (I) Instruments You Play: none
* (J) Job Title: Business owner
* (K) Kids: only the four legged variety (Matty and Kramer below and Cosmo above - See D)
* (L) Live: Mission Viejo, CA (South Orange county)
* (M) Mom's Name: Sandy
* (N) Nicknames: Shanny
* (O) Overnight Hospital Stays: 2 nights when I fractured my arm (See post January 29th)
* (P) Pet Peeve: Slow drivers, Vegetarians who eat fish or chicken (pssst you aren't a vegetarian)
* (Q) Quote From A Movie: "I was just...no where near your neighborhood."
* (R) Right or Left Handed: Right
* (S) Siblings: 1 younger brother
* (T) Time You Wake Up: between 7 and 8, I am NOT a morning person
* (U) Underwear: yes, unless I am wearing cycling shorts, then NO!
* (V) Vegetable You Dislike: I pretty much love them all.
* (W) What Makes You Run Late: On the rare occasion I am late (I am chronically early) traffic, I do live in LA
* (X) X-Rays: So many of my arm, I can't even begin to count, teeth, sinuses
* (Y) Yummy Food You Make: Ummm, I cook a lot and pretty much think it is all pretty yummy. I have been known to do some fun stuff with Tempeh and I love to bake. The issue is, I love to eat baked goods. Hence I don't bake!
* (Z) Zoo, Favorite Animal: Monkeys, I can watch them for hours. We share so many of the same mannerisms.
Well, that is me A to Z!