Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Great Expectations

I had a goal for March, make each week a triple digit mileage week. Before you think I am some ultra marathoner, let me say that 95% of my miles are on a bike. So how did I do?


I started out strong and then I slipped. Now, this week isn't over, so I expect to get in an additional 50 miles. Still 25 miles short of 100 miles.

April is a hectic month, so if I can't pull this off in March...there is no way I can make it in April. I am all for goals, but sometimes I feel that I am just setting my self up for disappointment. I had such great expectations for the month of March, but life got in the way. Weather, work obligations, etc. Overall I am happy that I can get on the bike, run around the lake or go for a swim. At the end of the day does it really matter if I did over 100 miles?

On a much lighter note, this morning I was trying to take a photo of my back. Here are the out takes. Pretty funny....




3 comments:

  1. I love all the photos! ha I have something similar going on right now trying to get a photo for my blog of a shirt that a blogger gave me I love the front and back of.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The ear shot is the best!

    So, in reference to your comment, feel free to send me and the girls some tough chic "i run" shirts and we will rock them in our next race. And then I will blog all about them ;)

    ReplyDelete