Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Reverse Resolutions

I feel like I am the only person who has less motivation at the beginning of the year vs. the rest of the year.  While everyone else is gearing up with their New Year's resolutions in hand, all I want to do is sit on the couch and watch football.  I try, I really do, but it is so hard!

First off, the gym is crazy.  It is amateur hour with a bunch of folks sporting their new shaping tennis shoes and work out guide strait out of the new health magazine that was found in their stocking.  Aimlessly wandering from one machine to the next or stealing MY bike at spin class.

Secondly, it is cold and rainy.  It is so much easier to lace up the sneaks or jump on the bike if it is sunny and 75.  I know that I have NO ROOM to complain since I live in SoCal, but as you can see from my previous post, I AM A WEATHER WEENIE!

It is "off season" for me.  I really don't have a major race breathing down my neck to scare me into running or cycling.  That is about to change since I am participating in the AIDS/Lifecycle, which is an amazing 545 mile ride over 7 days from San Francisco to LA.

Cold season.  If I am not sick then one of my work out partners is under the weather.  I can ride solo, no problem, but the competition of riding with a friend always pushes me.  Right now I am fighting a sore throat and my husband has been sick for the past week.  Vitamin C, Zinc, gargling salt water...I am doing it all!

Lastly, it is dark.  I like to work out in the evenings, which is so hard to do outside when it gets dark at 5:30.

I need some motivation, so help me out there in blogger world (all 3 of you!)

1 comment:

  1. First, I don't really believe in NYR's as I think any day of the year is a good day to make positive change and make goals.

    THAT being said...count your blessings girl. SO you know what I would give up to have SOCAL weather?? Its 2 months of summer and 10 months of winter in Maine :)

    Have you tried working out early in the morning? That way your energy is fresh and I find it actually BOOSTS my energy level for the rest of the day. I have been getting up uber-early to ride (inside of course) for an hour or so and Im loving it! IF you can't get out hop on the trainer and watch some trashy TV or something motivational.

    Sick? do an easy ride. Unless the illness is in your tummy or chest it will help the germs vacate faster.

    Make a goal list:

    ReplyDelete