Friday, February 11, 2011

Alternate iPod Personality

Recently my husband borrowed my iPod for the gym as his battery was dead. He came home and looked at me like I was a stranger, not the woman he has lived with for over 10 years.

"You have Brittney Spears on your iPod????" He asked with a twinge of disgust in his voice.

VS.



He has nothing really against Brittney, but she is not what I "typically" listen to. I am a proud Gen X-er (a young one ;), but a Gen X-er) and I love grunge. Pearl Jam, Sound Garden, Alice and Chains, Rage Against The Machine to name a few are my favs. So when he found Brittney, Rhianna, P!nk and The Black Eye Peas on a playlist, he was confused. Was I muscically cheating on him?

I have 2 music personalities, the one that you would normally see if you drove with me in the car and the work-out me. The running, heart pounding, weight lifting, strong, mean and lean me. That girl likes to listen to the anger-driven rock of the 90's but she also enjoys the beat thumping pop music of today (sort of). There is something about imagining theses skinny women in "da club" that motivates me. Is that crazy? My last 10K was P!nk on repeat, she is angry and skinny in "da club" perfect running mix for me. Most of the music that I listen when I run I would never normally listen to.

What is on your current work-out playlist?

1 comment:

  1. I usually don't run with music, but I have several playlists ranging from good old hardcore to opera for long runs.

    ReplyDelete